Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Some Final Thoughts before Filming...

I have finally figured out casting, location, and have most of the props! I was struggling with the casting of the Witch, as I was stuck between this girl who lived far and my close friend whom is much closer. So, I decided they should send an audio recording of one of the main lines, and my friend was much better at the delivery, so I decided to cast her. As for the other girl, I found her facial expressions to be stronger in the role of Jane, which works better since I only need to film her scenes on one day.

I will be filming the hallucination/haunting scene with Keith and Jane this Friday the 24th. I'm not sure how long this will take, but I feel like this is going to be the hardest scenes to film due to the technical horror elements that I will be implementing that can only be enhanced with post-production editing, so it has to come out perfect. I'm excited for these scenes, the only thing I will need is fake blood, which I'm sure there is a recipe somewhere for that. 

On Saturday the 25th, I will be filming the intro and final scenes, which I've been nicknaming the interrogation scene. This includes the Detective and the Witch, whom both are perfectly available for filming. I've scheduled secured a spot to film at the Weston Branch Library in a room called the Multi-Purpose Room. When I walked into this enormous room, the lighting and setup was perfect for what I wanted to film. Perhaps the hardest part is setting up the table and chairs to make sure that the scene from all angles will come out well, as well as the lighting of the room itself. But I am feeling hopeful.

As for the other scenes, the actual witchcraft ritual and the inserts of the Witch witnessing bullying and domestic abuse, I've not set a date to film these yet. I don't want to overload myself and want to focus on these bulk scenes that I will be filming this weekend. 

Right now, I need to figure out the costuming for these characters and make sure my actors will come in the appropriate attire. For the hallucination scene, Keith should be in some sort of pajamas, since it takes place at night (it doesn't have to, but the guy is sleeping...so...). I want Jane to wear a black dress of sorts, something that looks pretty menacing and haunting, but it has to look good when wet, since an excerpt will feature Jane in the tub and walking out of it. As for the interrogation scene, the Detective should wear a white button down tucked in to black pants, with a black tie, and a badge of sorts hanging from his belt. I'm still wondering what the Witch should wear, whether she should be in pajamas to give context that its very late at night when the Detective brought her in for questioning, or some evening wear, or some regular day wear. I feel like we should stick to the motif of nighttime, especially late in the evening, to convey a sense of eeriness and the somber tone that the night brings. It also goes fairly well with the whole witchcraft scene.

I still need to create a fake news website with the article, a website for this film, and the poster/promotion card thing. Thankfully, we have an extra week to fall in just in case editing and the rest takes too long.