Friday, March 10, 2017

Group Discussion

Today some of my A level Media Studies peers and I got together to demonstrate our initial ideas for our project, giving constructive critiques for each other's concepts. This has been a very helpful, and here are some of the ideas they gave me or the things I should fix:


- Establish that he DID do it - lack of evidence?
- Perhaps the victim pressed charges way too late, statute of limitations
- Her viewing multiple articles, show that this happened recently
- Look up court case rape process
- Should it even be a dream?
- Establish that she can't cause physical harm.



I didn't realize that my simple narrative may not be so simple at all. The idea is so clear in my head, but there are a lot of holes that should be filled, or at least addressed. My group suggested some dialogue, but I want to stray as far away from spoken dialogue as possible. The first draft of the script is almost complete, and once that's done, I'm going to be looking for actors and start acquiring the props I need. Props are very essential in my piece, and I may have to create my own whilst I buy other things. We shall see. In regards to casting, I'm always nervous as to who to ask and if I can trust these actors to be reliable performers. I'll have to make a list of people I know physically can/will do it, but these performances are rough, and I truly hope they can execute it.