Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Music is Everything

I often find plenty of inspiration through listing to music. Because of the witchcraft concept I'll be tackling in my short film, I decided to experiment with my music-making program with scary, suspenseful, and eerie score and sounds. I played around with this set of mixers dedicated specifically to Halloween (in the Wiccan religion, there is a God and a Goddess. The God dies on Samhain, or Halloween, to be reborn in another holiday known as Yule) and I automatically became inspired with scenes. From suspense-building stings and eerie background music and then the crescendo main scores for the main scares, I could vividly imagine scenes for my short film that could potentially utilize these sounds. I would've loved to place a sample of what I've created thus far, but I'm honestly not quite sure how to do so at the moment. Will continue working with music, and I believe I will start my first draft of the script very soon.