Saturday, March 18, 2017

PROPS! and Casting

So I am almost done with the pre-production phase of my project. I am in the process of casting my actors right now. My biggest fear is my actors' availability. The girl who I want to play the Witch character lives quite far, and I feel that filming with her will take two different days. As for the boy who plays the Detective, he lives not as far, but he sucks in regards with rides. In addition, I need to scout for a place to do the actual the interrogation scenes. As for Jane and Keith, I think I can film their scene first and it would only take one day. Since these scenes are the bulk of the short, it would help a lot to finish these scenes first.

As for props, I've only been able to acquire a few things. I have an altar of my own in a way with a few odds and ends, but I still need more things:

- Jewelry for the Witch
- Knife thing
- Charcoal
- Reliable lighter
- Bottles?
- Ashes
- Dish
- paint and paint brush?

I should also start creating the article that the Witch prints and cuts out. I will need a picture of two of the characters however, but I can at least get started with it.


The thing I'm most concerned with is the conclusion of my film. I just want it all to make sense, and I'm worried about how I'm going to establish the Witch's "don't-want-to-be-a-bystander" motivation through visuals and (perhaps) Jane being the Detective's daughter through dialogue. But since it seems I will be working on these scenes last, then I have some time to work out the story kinks.