Thursday, April 13, 2017

Project Status: COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It's been quite a journey but the moment we've all been waiting for is finally here: Black Candle the short film, along with the website and postcard advertisement, have been successfully completed.

Editing the video was an insane ride, and this film has been the most difficult short I ever had to shoot and edit. From the audio, the quick cuts, the horrendous lighting, to the addition of music I mostly had to make for myself, the program constantly shutting down on me. I was very worried about how the short film would end up, but I am quite proud of the final product and the phenomenal actors that took part in this journey. 

The link to the film is here: https://youtu.be/tHvOQaDbWn0



As for the website, this was quite a hassle as well. First, I had to find the right template to at least start off on and get a handle of things. On wix, this template for a fake documentary was perfect. Using the example's skeleton menu design, I organized the "About" pages to summarize the film itself and the director (hi thats me). There was another page with the cast that I'm quite proud of, featuring awesome pictures of my actors and a little biography, with a video of this badass fire shot I took playing in the background in loop. I added this one segment called "Screenings" where it would discuss how Black Candle would only be featured at a theater if it were along with other short films or at a film festival, which is what happens with short films. So I added a button that said "search screenings" and it goes to a google search of local film festivals. I also added a picture of a poster and a segment that says "download your own poster!" cuz audiences love that interactive business. On the bottom I put a list of upcoming film festivals and links to those websites, in addition to this one segment I like to call "Host your own screening." I wanted to do this thing where people could REPRESENT Black Candle at their local film festival, so I placed a fake email address blackcandle@cbfproductions.com and a link to another page titled "Advertising" with a downloadable PDF of the postcard advertisement template and the fake email once again. Throughout all the pages, I used videos as backgrounds and it looks really cool! I also made sure to make the site mobile friendly, since no one would walk around with a laptop at a film festival and it allows patrons to look up the film fast! 

I'm VERY proud with how it turned out (not to mention I made it all in a day, whoops!). 
Here is the link to the website: https://chrisbeytia.wixsite.com/blackcandle

And finally, the darn postcard advertisement in all her glory. It was a hard choice deciding which front side to use, the one below or this one with Sam on the left side of the ad and Emmerson on the right with the flame in the middle. Ultimately, this one is just way more aesthetic and boss.


Front:
 Back:


So yet, it has been a lovely, crazy, emotional, *insert more sporadic adjectives* ride. All that's left is my CCR, which will be in the next post my loves. Stay witchy and hope you enjoy....

BLACK CANDLE!