Friday, April 7, 2017

POST CARD (H)AD(ENOUGH)VERTISING

This is the backside of my postcard advertisement, at least one version of it. As you can see, I included a "company logo" appropriately called CBF Productions, or Christopher Beytia Frentzel Productions. In the center, a minimalist Black Candle icon that I designed myself from the shapes on Canva. I'm deciding mostly on this version whether or not I should have the logos, remove the logos and just have the candle in the middle, or remove the candle and have one of the logos in the middle. 

As for that line design under the title, I thought it just looked very cool, and I'm proud with how my Starring panel came out. 

I was very confused with the postcard ad at first. The first version had a series of dates, cities, and movie theaters at these locations. However, this is advertisement is supposed to be something one passes AT the film festival to get patrons to see the film. So I changed it to the singular Sundance Film Festival, which is quite generic but the name resonates well with the aesthetic I'm going for. "Theater 06" is just a nice touch and the times are below.

My biggest concern, however, is that this side of the postcard advertisement has very little aesthetic parallels to the film itself. Should have I gone for the more horror/witchcraft themes rather than the attractive, aesthetic, indie short film design? I'm not sure, but if not, maybe I can save the former design themes for the website!