Tuesday, February 28, 2017

New Level, New Blog

Hello all! This is my official blog for the AICE Media Studies A Level portfolio final. I created a new blog instead of sticking to my AS Level blog for a few reasons.

First off, my other blog was created through Wix. Because part of the A Level project is creating a website for the major task (in my case, a short film), I would rather use Wix solely for the creation of the website minor task and not my blog as well. 

Second, my AS Level peers from last year utilized Blogger in their class, so I feel that using Wix wouldn't place me on an even playing field. My media studies teacher last year had different requirements and views for the student blogs, and I don't feel that adhering to her prior qualifications in this new class with a new teacher would be best.

Besides, starting anew is much more refreshing and definitely easier than going back to my original blog and re-editing and formatting maniacally. Even though my Wix blog is very pretty and I'm proud of all the work I put into its aesthetics, using Blogger will force me to focus more on the quality of the blog posts themselves, something I believe I had trouble with last year. Regardless, I will leave the link to my old blog below.

I'm looking forward to applying my skills and experience from last year's portfolio project to this new one, lets get to work.